Title – Mobile Core Engineer
Location – London, UK/UK – Remote
Salary/Hours – Very Competitive and Flexible
Job Type – Full Time
Positions Available – Multiple
Full Job Description
CCN is actively seeking a wireless network core engineer to work full time. The engineer will report to Lead Engineer.
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals interested in a Telecommunications career.
- Competitive wages.
- Flexible work schedule and Casual work environment.
- Opportunity to work with some of the most awesome figures in the industry
- Latest and greatest IT and telecom technologies.
- Open-door management policy.
Responsibilities will include operational support, network monitoring and projects that will have a direct impact on the ongoing growth of our company:
- Perform general Windows and Linux server administration.
- Perform network management and performance systems configuration (e.g., Zabbix, LibreNMS, Kibana, Elastic Search, New Relic etc.)
- Work with customers (face to face or virtually) to capture requirements, design networks, or troubleshoot or resolve issues
- Troubleshoot user and system telephony and data problems.
- Administer Core Connectivity Network elements.
- Create and maintain continuous integration and development processes.
- Document and maintain documentation of network designs, solutions, and processes.
- Support the planning, design, installation, and maintenance of infrastructure including hardware and software recommendations.
- Evaluate and/or recommend potential solutions (i.e., hardware, software, network-related) consistent with corporate goals and objectives.
- Develop automation scripts for end-to-end testing for Functional, Stability, Performance and scale using combination of opensource tools and internal tools
- Maintain NFV Test Lab
- Provide on call and after-hours support (as required) and Tier 2 and 3 level support for production network outages.
- Provide input to Project Managers on technical deliverables, interface with leadership on the implementation, and the operational readiness of new technologies and projects.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Understanding network metrics that accurately reflect the current state of a given process or operation.
- Experience supporting mission-critical infrastructure in a fast-paced environment.
- Some travel will be required.
- Other duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in wireless telecom
- Strong understanding of the wireless business and industry
- Experience with LAN/WAN, WLAN, Routing protocols – L2 and L3, TCP/IP, QoS, Firewalls, DNS, NAT, ACLs, Tunneling and security protocols
- Proficient knowledge of Evolved Pack Core (EPC)/LTE data core
- Existing familiarity with wireless network architecture and call flows – 2/3/4/5G
- Strong experience in virtualized environment with hands-on experience on Linux/KVM Hypervisors and Open Stack, Kubernetes and Docker.
- Ability to learn or existing familiarity with RESTFUL APIs and Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Should be capable of writing automation scripts using API’s available in OpenStack and Kubernetes
- Strong scripting experience in Python.
- Experience in Ansible
- Knowledge of Data Structures, Unix, and SQL.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and communication skills to effectively connect with all domain and external team members and management
To apply, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cirrus Core Networks Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
About Cirrus Core Networks Inc.
CCN’s technology and practices solve the operational complexity and cost of deploying next generation core solutions. CCN offers innovative and forward-thinking Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) with our disruptive Flexibly Managed Service solutions. Today, the company offers an impressive portfolio that includes 3G/4G/5G EPC, HSS/HLR, DRA, IMS/VoLTE/VoWiFi, and a multitude of Value-Added Services that powers Private LTE, Carrier Breakout & Optimization Hub (CBO), and many more solutions. With its current IaaS offering, CCN offers Communication Service Providers (CSPs) and Enterprises the most comprehensive and innovative portfolio of solutions.